our first sight - sesame street's bay of play - jenalyn was so excited to run around in the play area. we were hoping that she got to see elmo, but he wasnt around, but all the big dolls of him and big bird did the job. her and daddy even climb up the nets and bridges! eli and I just hung out in the shade watching all the fun!
next stop - the dolphin show. lets just say we'll try that again a little later in life. jenalyn did not like it, maybe it was too much noise from the crowd.
we walked around some of the exhibits and ended with shamu - jenalyn LOVED it! she kept saying wow and clapping her hands! perhaps shes more a whale lover than a dolphin lover, who knows?
we of course didnt get to see a lot of the park, but thats what to expect when we've got little ones. plus the passes allow us to go back a second time for free. we're thinking sometime in the spring. it wont be so hot and perhaps I could avoid getting sunburned! even jenalyn got a little mary jane crocs tan (oops, i guess not enough sunblock on those feetsies!)
"look at me, Im pretty high up!"
"that was sooo fun up there!"
"Im glad we're down here where its safe!"
"Oooo shamu and baby!"
we stayed over at the sheraton, walked around seaport village in the morning, went to mass, then spent the rest of the time in la jolla.
in la jolla there was a nice little concert on the grass area and jenalyn did a lot of dancing and "visiting" with people. I wanted to go down to the beach area but only daddy and jenalyn went since it wasnt stroller accessible. again, eli and I stayed cool in the shade while the two of them headed to the beach. the verdict - jenalyn loves the water, but hates the sand. I wish I couldve seen it all but thats ok, theres always a next time.
so excited to see the ocean
hanging out in the shade



No comments:
Post a Comment