the kiddies

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

the friday before baby was born...

so I go in for my normal weekly check up and lo and behold Im 3cm dialated and 90% effaced. the dr. thinks the baby will arrive sometime during the weekend, so there I was that friday, just waiting at home for any signs of baby's arrival...

soooo, there I was saturday, waiting for baby's arrival...

soooo, there I was sunday, waiting for baby's arrival...

umm, this is getting repetative. there I was waiting monday AND tuesday. waiting waiting waiting.

tuesday night into wed. morning - 2:45am, hmm... was that a contraction? about 10 min later, was that another one? 5 min. later, yeah these are contractions. woo hoo time to go to the hospital!

we got to the hospital in 10 min. so it wasnt too bad for the whole drive over. we get there and they hook me up to the monitors and stuff...so after about 45 min. they finally check down there - apperantly Im having contractions but Im not dialating at all (still at a 3, maybe 4) so they said I could walk the halls and in an hour if nothing, they'll send me home.

oh heck no, no one is sending me home, so I walked for about 20 min. and the pain became crazy pain. so they checked again and yay I was at 5cm. not much but they kept me. ok so by this time, oh those contraction hurt like heck. yeah, I was crying already, saying silly things, like I wanted to go home...Im such a baby!

well they still had to wait to put in the epi, which I begged for, since I didnt have an IV going (still needed to finish the bag once I did) they didnt draw my blood yet, so we still had to wait for the lab people...oh I was dying...

they did move me to my L&D room and there the epi guy came and agreed to give it to me w/out bloodwork yet. this time (compared to eli's where they yelled at me to calm down and curl my back) they were nice, I still couldnt curl it but managed to get into a postion that they were happy with. so yay drugs!!! love them!!!!

ok so layed back down and in 5 min. my water broke...nurse check...10cm and ready to go...so she went out, got the goods, called the dr. and we were just waiting for the dr. it was a shift change 7:00am so the dr. oncall handed me over to the next dr. up (which I liked better, he delivered jenalyn).

that epi, ummm...yeah, totally took away the pain but I still felt everything, EVERYTHING! that was gnarly (so couldnt find a word to describe that so gnarly it is) seriously its like crapping out a big ol' bowling ball...weirdest feeling ever!

took about 3 pushes and there he was!

funny side note - when I was pushing I managed to say, "sheesh!" and the OB was teasing me saying, "oh wow, shes getting bold on us, she said 'sheesh'. she almost had to go to Confession for that one."


joshua luke - 7 lbs. 11 oz. 19.5 in. 3/17/2010 7:31am

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww, he is just beautiful! congrats celeste!

bigbrother said...

good story, felt like i was there!

Liz Harrington said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I love reading your posts and looking at your beautiful family pictures! God Bless.