the kiddies

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

when it rains...it pours! (huge buckets!!)

::sigh:: the days are getting better but wow what a week! a few posts back I mentioned that everyone was sick. well eli and my dear were doing ok, nothing to be too concerned over. but jenalyn. poor poor jenalyn...
monday of last week she really wasnt herself and wouldnt want to eat, by the evening she had horrible diarriah and running a low-grade fever. we tried so desperately to have her take tylenol and drink pedialyte but she was having none of it. we literally had to hold her down and squeeze meds and fluids down her throat with a dropper.
then of course, she gets this terrible diaper rash and has to be held down for changing too. the next morning, no improvment really, just a super cranky baby. and then, as if things couldnt get worse, by the evening I caught whatever jenalyn had was sick as a dog! I really dont remember feeling so sick in my entire life! so poor daddy, had to stay home from work for 2 days to try and take care of this super sick family - luckily eli didnt get it.
so wed. I was out like a light, but Im sure it was a rough time for my dear and on thursday morning he bursts open our bedroom door and yells - "jenalyn has chicken pox!" -
ok so it wasnt chicken pox but she broke out it the most awful rash imaginable (I'll pass on posting pictures b/c it just so sad looking) it was all over her body! the 2 went to the pedi and they said its viral and should go way in 7-10 days. since she was a little itchy the pedi said we could do a little benadryl.
the rash got way worse before getting better (thats whats suppose to happen)its still a little noticable but much better and shes eating and drinking much better too, since its been a week since a real meal and good amount of fluid.
she's still super cranky. any little thing upsets her. but we know she is getting better... as for me, its crazy how your body kicks into mommy mode and knows that being sick is not an option, so after seeing that rash I was starting to feel better, knowing I needed to.
::sigh:: I hope shes back to her old "happy-happy" self soon.

No comments: