the kiddies

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

ok heres the update...

yes, theres still the two boxes that rermain to be unpacked, nothing is hung up on the walls, clothes are still on the floor (not in drawers) and the patio area is still a sea of boxes...but we're making progress.
thie kiddies are enjoying their new place. no one had a hard time transitioning, which is what I feared. jenalyn has been a bit more clingy than normal, but I think its b/c of all the hustle and bustle of moving and the fact that mommy and daddy seem to always be busy packing and unpacking. I deceided not to block off the kitchen like I did before and just babyproof it well. both kiddies enjoy being in there, but eli tends to like it more as far as open drawers that are safe and taking stuff out. jenalyn will mess around with the magnet toys on the fridge but thats about it. they have much more room to run around - BUT we just got a complaint from the downstairs neighbor about the "thumping" during the day. (we assume its either jenalyn always jumping or the two of them chasing eachother) its only been a week and a half and already we're "in trouble". I totally understand and am gonna try my best to keep an eye (or ear, I should say) on the matter.
hmmm...what else...
eli and his allergies. so we got the results back from the RAST (blood test for allergies) and its pretty sad. our pedi actually called me and told us the results, but we have an appt. with the allergist this weekend to really go over it all. but for now what we know is that eli is allergic to:
milk
egg
soy
peas
peanut
wheat
chicken
the first 5 is kinda what we knew already but the wheat and chicken are whats throwing us for a loop. Ive researched stuff I can feed him and took a trip down to Henry's Food Market. All of it is very overwhelming. I have to be the cautious mommy that reads all lables and warn all people that try to feed him "just a nibble" to be careful. and if you know me, Im a newbie in the kitchen, so now I have to be even more "crafty" as far as what I can make for eli and well as the rest of the family to eat. just the other day I made some wheat-free, dairy-free, gluten-free pancakes. (impressed, aren't you?) nothing like substituting milk w/ rice milk and mashed bananas for eggs! it turned out ok and both kiddies gobbled it up - so far so good. (but I'll take my buttermilk pancakes anyday!!)
we're going to visit grandma and grandpa next weekend and stay for a week. Im excited but at the same time I want to make sure everything is in order over here before we leave. lets all cross our fingers that the plane ride goes smoothly. which reminds me, I better start that list of things I'll need to pack (and stuff for the plane).
ok so Im sure theres plenty more to say, but my brain is spacing out (probably from the fact that I gotta make that "plane trip list") so I be back to post more later...oh and sorry for the no pics, Ive been lazy to clear our SD card and not in the picture taking mode, soon though...as soon as I can get a new lens (oh, did I type that??? that wasnt a hint to my dear husband or anything...)::wink::

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats on the new place and do remember to Take your time! It's been 8 months in our new house...I'd say I was 70% unpacked and yup things are on the floor here too! LOL

beth said...

you are doing a great job feeding your family! very impressed with your pancake attempt!